When your overhead door breaks down, or it does not function properly, you look for a reputable garage door repair company that offer budget-friendly services. Unfortunately, most of the companies promise to provide best-in-class services at a reasonable cost, but not all garage door dealers are the same.
Common Overhead Door Scams
- In case your garage door components like springs, cables, rollers or brackets break down, you ask the technician for the repair. The technicians will try to convince you for the replacement of entire door, and due to the lack of knowledge, homeowners often agree to replace it. This act is likely to wasting your money on costly replacement rather than repairing it.
- Some garage door dealers give you a lifetime guarantee of a garage door operation, but a door can last for maximum of 15,000 to 50,000 life-cycle ratings.
- Hiring subcontractors or independent workers without any history or contact information is never a wise decision.
Tips To Avoid Overhead Door Repair Scams
First of all, remember the above mentioned common garage door repair scams before you start the investigation.
- Find if the company has an established location and verify their address as well.
- Ask the company for the satisfied customer’s references.
- Confirm how long has the company been in this business.
- Discuss their detailed estimate before beginning the work.
At Halton Garage Doors, we offer affordable and reliable garage door services in Oakville. We have many years of experience, and our technicians are insured and licensed. We are available 24/7, feel free to contact us and discuss your needs with our professionals.